Permanent Full-Time Development Officer
The Friends of Medalta Society is accepting applications for the position of a full-time permanent Development Officer.
This is an administrative position responsible for all fundraising initiatives for the Friends of Medalta Society, a registered charity. The incumbent will be responsible for collaborating with the various departments to develop and deliver an overall fundraising strategy for the organization. This includes coordinating grant activities and stewarding relationships with new and existing donors.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Development Officer will support the Friends of Medalta’s fundraising efforts by cultivating sponsor and donor relationships as well as designing and implementing fundraising campaigns and events, and managing sponsor benefits and donor stewardship activities.
The Fund Development Officer will be responsible for developing a diverse range of sustainable funding streams to support and expand the goals of the Society, working in collaboration with the Executive Director, staff and Board of Directors.
Medalta is an equal opportunity employer and employs personnel without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, language, creed, religion, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, visible or invisible disability, or financial ability. While remaining alert and sensitive to the issue of fair and equitable treatment for all, Friends of Medalta Society recognizes that, at this time not all positions within the organization are suitable for persons with severe mobility issues.
Medicine Hat is located along the South Saskatchewan River in southeast Alberta. It is approximately 169 km (105 mi) east of Lethbridge and 295 km (183 mi) southeast of Calgary. This city and the adjacent Town of Redcliff to the northwest are within Cypress County. Medicine Hat had a population 65,527 in 2020.
Wage: Salary dependent on experience and qualifications.
Start Date: As soon as possible
To Apply: This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected. Send Cover letter and resume to Laurie Switzer: email@example.com.
Casual Event Staff
Be a part of our team and join our Event Staff! This part-time casual position is for outgoing folks who can pour a mean glass of wine and know how to count to $6.00. While the primary responsibilities of our Event Staff is supervising and bartending at our various events, they also provide guests/renters/vendors with a positive experience while at Medalta. This position requires individuals who are energetic, personable and can work well in a team environment.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Event Staff will be scheduled as required for a variety of events including, but not limited to: weddings, private events, corporate events and internal functions.
- Event staff will receive training for, and may be scheduled to work as, a Bartender, Event Supervisor or Event Assistant as required.
- These positions are responsible for interacting positively with facility renters and the public while performing assigned tasks.
- Enforce facility policies and procedures.
- Identify and respond to emergencies according to emergency protocols. Involve Event Supervisor as needed.
- Respond creatively and proactively to renters and guests that may have an issue and/or complaint and involve Event Supervisor as needed.
- Work flexible hours including evenings and weekends. Several shifts are available including but not limited to Saturday evenings until 2:30 am.
Necessary Knowledge, Abilities and Skills:
- Demonstrate strong problem-solving skills and ability to deal effectively with customer complaints/conflict; customer service experience preferred.
- Have valid AGLC ProServe and ProTect certifications or be willing to secure.
- Ability to work on hard floor surfaces for long hours.
- Excellent physical health as some lifting required.
- Strong communication and troubleshooting skills required.
- Ability to work effectively with a team or independently.
- Ability to stay calm and collected in a very active service environment.
Wage: Between $15.00 and $16.50 per hour depending on experience and position worked.
To Apply: Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.