Update Tuesday, March 17th, 5pm:
Effective Wednesday, March 18th, Medalta in the Historic Clay District is closed to the public and many upcoming classes, workshops and programs have been cancelled due to COVID-19. Please continue to check here for status updates.
Cancelled, postponed or closed:
- Museum – Closed until further notice
- Gift Shop – Closed until further notice
- Ceramic Classes and Workshops – Cancelled for the months of March, April, May and June. If you are registered for current or upcoming classes, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to process tax receipts, credits, or refunds. As Medalta is a not for profit organization run by a small group of dedicated individuals, we ask that you please consider donating the remainder of your course fee to Medalta for a tax receipt. This is a difficult time not just for the global community, but especially for not for profit organizations like Medalta. Your help is greatly appreciated.
- Education and Youth Programming – suspended until further notice with plans to proceed with summer programs dependent on the unfolding health situation.
- The Great Clay Race scheduled for April 4th – postponed until further notice
- Market at Medalta – May and June Markets are cancelled. Markets in July and August are dependent on the unfolding health situation.
Status of Booked Events
- If you have an event booked at our facilities, please contact email@example.com to re-examine your event.
Update Friday, March 13th:
By now, you may have heard the news or had a conversation about the recent coronavirus (COVID-19) situation across the globe.
The health and safety of our patrons, volunteers, artists, and staff is a top priority. While the Public Health Agency of Canada and Alberta Health has assessed the current public health risk associated with coronavirus as low, we continue to monitor for developments very closely and we will adapt event and facility rentals accordingly. Medalta in the Historic Clay District is currently open to the public during regular winter hours – Monday to Saturday, 10am-4pm. In the meantime, we are taking precautionary measures to reduce risk and ensure the museum continues to be a safe space for families and patrons to experience. These include:
Enhancing our cleaning processes for all workstations and high contact surfaces.
This will include regular cleaning of all high traffic surfaces and providing public hand sanitation stations wherever possible.
Increasing communications and reminders to our guests, partners, and staff on important health and safety measures, creating a culture of best practices.
Informative material will be displayed to remind our team, volunteers, and patrons all can play their part by utilizing proper hygiene and handwashing techniques. Staff will seek alternate arrangements (ie. working from home) if they are feeling ill.
Ensuring our team is well versed and equipped to adhere to the recommendations of Alberta Health to further reduce the risk of exposure.
We will keep you informed of any updates as they develop.
We greatly appreciate your continued support of our community programs and initiatives, but we ask that if you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms to follow all Alberta Health recommendations and consider enjoying our programming at a later date.
We continue to be committed to providing our community with rich programming and support our loyal patrons, volunteers, and staff during these times of uncertainty.
We will provide additional information in the event of any subsequent changes to our scheduled programs or processes.
The Historic Clay District and Friends of Medalta Society