The Medalta museum is pleased to welcome visitors back!
We have implemented the ‘Restrictions Exemption Program’ within our facilities. This includes the museum, weddings/events, gift shop, Shaw Centre for Contemporary Ceramics, artist-in-residence program, adult ceramics classes, children’s education programming, and administration buildings. If you plan on visiting, please prepare one of the following documents for entry:
- Proof of double vaccination (or single vaccination before Oct 25 if given prior to two weeks before visit)
- Negative privately-paid PCR or rapid test result within the past 72-hours
- A medical certificate of exemption
For children’s programming, those under the age of 12 do not require proof of any of these documents, however, participants must complete symptom screening upon arrival.
Thank you for your cooperation as many businesses and organizations across Alberta work with the information we are given and try the best we can for the health and safety of our community.
What we’re doing to keep you safe:
- Timed prebooked admission – may be booked 2 hours in advance online.
- Encouraging physical distancing with route markers.
- Providing physical barriers in customer service areas.
- Providing substantial access to hand sanitizer and hand washing facilities.
- Increasing cleaning and disinfecting throughout our facility.
- In order to reduce congregating in our museum gift shop, we no longer have available space for the consumption of food.
What we’re asking of our visitors:
- Stay home if you are not feeling well.
- Please visit myhealth.alberta.ca for more information on conducting a self-assessment.
- Staff and visitors are required to wear masks while indoors in Alberta. We will not be providing masks to visitors.
- Practice good hygiene. This includes washing your hands, for at least 20 seconds, regularly during your visit, avoiding touching your face, and coughing or sneezing into your elbow.
- Keep your family unit together when walking through the museum, and keep children within reach at all times.
- Please be patient – don’t crowd around exhibits.
- Practice physical distancing guidelines, keeping 2 metres away from others and please wait your turn.
- Download and utilize the ABTraceTogether app.
- Enter and exit the building through the main entrance doors.
Update Friday, March 13th, 2020:
By now, you may have heard the news or had a conversation about the recent coronavirus (COVID-19) situation across the globe.
The health and safety of our patrons, volunteers, artists, and staff is a top priority. While the Public Health Agency of Canada and Alberta Health has assessed the current public health risk associated with coronavirus as low, we continue to monitor for developments very closely and we will adapt event and facility rentals accordingly. Medalta in the Historic Clay District is currently open to the public during regular winter hours – Monday to Saturday, 10am-4pm. In the meantime, we are taking precautionary measures to reduce risk and ensure the museum continues to be a safe space for families and patrons to experience. These include:
Enhancing our cleaning processes for all workstations and high contact surfaces.
This will include regular cleaning of all high traffic surfaces and providing public hand sanitation stations wherever possible.
Increasing communications and reminders to our guests, partners, and staff on important health and safety measures, creating a culture of best practices.
Informative material will be displayed to remind our team, volunteers, and patrons all can play their part by utilizing proper hygiene and handwashing techniques. Staff will seek alternate arrangements (ie. working from home) if they are feeling ill.
Ensuring our team is well versed and equipped to adhere to the recommendations of Alberta Health to further reduce the risk of exposure.
We will keep you informed of any updates as they develop.
We greatly appreciate your continued support of our community programs and initiatives, but we ask that if you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms to follow all Alberta Health recommendations and consider enjoying our programming at a later date.
We continue to be committed to providing our community with rich programming and support our loyal patrons, volunteers, and staff during these times of uncertainty.
We will provide additional information in the event of any subsequent changes to our scheduled programs or processes.
The Historic Clay District and Friends of Medalta Society