Pecha Kucha & Alberta Culture Days
Pecha Kucha Nights are informal, relaxed ways for creative, passionate people to come together and share their ideas, works or thoughts. Presenters follow a very relaxed format by showing 20 images for 20 seconds each. The first Pecha Kucha night was held in Japan in 2003 and quickly spread across the world. PKN Medicine Hat is part of that global network. Medalta is proud to partner with them to present Volume 8 during Alberta Culture Days!
Pecha Kucha Vol. 8 Presenters
- Dan Meller, Living with an Anxiety Disorder
- Ernest Barbaric, On work, art & the nature of ink
- Reid Erb, The Super Mario Brothers Movie
- Anne Lazarko, a freelance writer, farmer and mom
- Jorge Busca, Celina Symmonds & Tammy Vanderloh, On the Medicine Hat Food Bank
- Elaine Freedman, On the Musasa House and photography
- Andrea Webb, On domestic violence
- Dave McElhinney, Changing lives on drop at a time
- Major John Hallett, On our nationals parks
Greg Payce Artist Talk
Prior to Pecha Kucha Night beginning, one of Alberta’s most respected ceramic artists will be giving a talk at Medalta. Greg Payce is currently exhibiting in two of Medicine Hat’s spaces: Palimpsest is at the Esplanade Art Gallery and features his newest work, while Continuum – a retrospective of his last thirty years is on display at Medalta – is in spaces including the Yuill Family Gallery and throughout our stunning Old Factory.
Greg will share his experiences and inspirations from throughout his career as an artist.
Saturday, September 26, 2015
6:30pm – Food Truck
7:00pm – Greg Payce Artist Talk
7:45pm – Cocktails & Food Truck
8:20pm – Pecha Kucha Night
Yuill Family Gallery @ Medalta
Everyone is encouraged to attend this great evening.
This entire evening is part of Medalta’s Alberta Culture Days programming.