Medalta is thrilled to be a Host Celebration Site for Alberta Culture Days. Please join us for the following activities!
September 29th: A Celebration of Ceramics!
- 10:00 – 5:00 – Free admission all day at the Medalta Museum
- 3:00 – 5:00 – Behind-the-Scenes Artist Tour
- 7:00 – 10:00 – Pop-up Ceramics Studio @ the Art Walk!
Free, free, FREE!
The Behind-the-Scenes Artist Tour brings guests through Medalta’s Shaw International Centre for Contemporary Ceramics. Visitors will get an exclusive look at the creative and mechanical processes of ceramics. The Shaw Centre is normally closed to the public, so this is an exciting chance to see what goes on there!
The Pop-up Ceramics Studio will be presented offsite during the downtown Art Walk. Children and adults can experience the excitement of the entire ceramics process. Artists will guide participants through the process of decorating, firing, and post-firing reduction techniques. Participants will be able to take their pieces home afterwards as keepsakes.
September 30th: The Filthy Hands Festival (daytime programme)
- 2:00 – 6:00 – Factory tours every 30 minutes. Kids zone. Film screenings. 2 stages featuring musicians from across Alberta.
- 6:00 – 8:00 – Pecha Kucha Night: Where creative people share their ideas and experiences in quick and fun slideshow presentations.
See The Filthy Hands Festival for the full daytime schedule and programme.
The Filthy Hands Festival is an industrial-size party at the Medicine Hat Brick & Tile Factory (612 Porcelain Ave SE). Bringing together artists and musicians, both local and from afar Filthy Hands offers a multi-dimensional experience throughout the factory and grounds. Visitors will find wild and wow moments of intimate music performances, art installations, and heritage machines in action.